Omaha Heritage & Culturefest Center
Founded March 30, 2002
OCF Home | http://www.omahaculturefest.org/americas/usa/midwest/omaha/omagreekfest.html |
Kalos Orisate! - Welcome!
Omaha as a rich ethnic Greek Heritage that revolves around the church, St. John the Bapitist Greek Orthodox Church, Greek food, and members of the Omaha community of Greek Heritage.
The annual GREEK Festival is usually held mid-August, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday, at the Heartland of America Park on 8th & Douglas Sts in Omaha. The Festival features Greek Food, Greek Folk Dancing, Live Music, and Taverna! For more information, visit St. John's Greek Orthodox website.
How can you not want to Dance when Greek Music plays?!
"TA ZORBAS" - Omaha's Premier Greek Band
Some of the band, past & present:
Omaha Greek Festival Specialty Foods
A LA CARTE MENU
- Pita sandwich with speiced beef broiled on 'the round', tomatoes, onion, and "tzatziki" sauce.
- Shishkabob marinated in oregano and lemon.
- GREEK STYLE Grilled Chicken
- a marinated grilled chicken on pita bread.
- GREEK Fries
- delicious fried potatoes.
- Baled fo;p triangles of Feta cheese, eggs, and butter.
- Tiropita blended with spinach.
- GREEK Sausage
- a tasty Greek sausage served on a pita bread.
Homemade GREEK DESSERTS
- Buttered filo with walnuts, spices, and honey syrup.
- Flour, butter and egg yolks in powdered sugar.
- Nut cookie with honey syrup.
- Fried dough fritters with honey syrup.
- a licorice or anise flavored liquer that will pop your top and warm your belly.
Created: May 10, 2008
Contact OCF webmaster